While there are many great things to see and experience through travel, I also want the kids to enjoy some regular childhood activities, such as playing at parks and playing with toys. They also sometimes miss interacting with other kids and doing group classes/ activities. I have been meaning to look for classes or activities that they can participate in at some of our destinations, but haven't quite gotten that organized yet. I was so excited to stumble into a kids drawing class unexpectedly this week!
We only stopped in this little town to use the bathroom and the nearest bathroom (toilet as they're called in Ireland) happened to be in a little community center. In the same hallway near the bathroom, there were kids going in to an art class - that was just beginning. I asked the teacher if he'd allow the kids to join and he said it was no problem. Yay!
Cam and Hailey were both hesitant at first because they weren't familiar with the place and didn't know any of the kids. They joined in though and participated for the whole class. They did 2 sketches and colored them with oil pastels. They didn't make a bunch of new friends but they were friendly with the other kids and it was great for them to see that no matter where we are in the world, kids are still kids. They still like to draw, they still do similar activities and we have lots in common.
Hailey was a little nervous and frustrated at one point, so as is usually the case, Brooke was there to support and encourage her. They finished the second sketch together. Sisters are the best. Especially this one.
Cameron wasn't thrilled with his end results but I love them and think this is one of the best souvenirs ever.
I'm so glad the timing worked out like it did and we had this little unexpected stop.
We must have had a little Irish luck come our way. ♥️🍀
Some days are easier than others, but we are still trying to make our days count....hope you are too.
Until next time, enjoy the journey!
Angela







No comments:
Post a Comment